Commercialization of an idea to a successful product requires tight integration between mechanical design, electrical design, firmware design, and software design. With increasing customer expectations and product requirements, design integration is more important than ever.
What tools are required for integrated product design?
Our engineers are skilled in a wide variety of design tools to meet the need of the product design cycle:
- Enclosure and mechanical assembly design: SolidWorks
- Schematic capture and PCB (printed circuit board) layout: Altium Designer
- Firmware design and debugging: NXP Kinetis Design Studio, Microchip MPLAB X, Xilinx Vivado, TI Code Composer Studio, and more
- Cloud services development and deployment: Amazon Web Services
- Production test automation: National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
- Embedded machine control: National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, and Vision Development Module
- Design source revision management: Subversion
- Issue tracking and resolution: Atlassian Jira
If you have a product that requires custom tools, fear not! Our team routinely learns new tools to stay current with the ever evolving ecosystem of component vendor toolchains and manufacturing technologies.
About Design Services
At mv|designlabs, we have a team of engineers skilled in integrated product design. Whether you need ten enclosures or a complex electromechanical assembly suited for high volume manufacturing, we’ll help you navigate the tough decisions you’ll be making when designing a product for volume manufacturing. Contact us today if you’d like to discuss your product or to request a real world case study of our work.